Welcome to the Information Age!
Technological advances have provided this generation with a tremendous opportunity to contribute to the global community through sharing ideas where ever and when ever they present themselves. It is not unusual in higher education to attend class in a virtual classroom, with a professor who lives in another country, and with fellow students who lead diverse and dynamic lives. Today, it is just as possible to maintain friendships with those who have moved from your hometown as it is to build friendships with newcomers. All of this is made possible through our digital devices.
But still, even with all the avenues of connections made possible through technology, we might want more meaningful ways to connect to people. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to use our connectivity to establish our sense of place and purpose in this world?
At LHS Library, you can get connected and contribute to your community!
Join the LHS Library’s Remind account:
- Receive messages about events in the Library
- Get reminders about overdue books
- Have access to your librarian from the convenience of a text message!
Text the message @zebrabooks to 81010! It’s that easy!
Join LHS Library’s virtual book club:
- Partner read, and have a virtual forum to discuss your ideas with others
- Read novels that you want to read, without the pressure homework assignments and essays
- Have access to others’ recommendations and reviews, as well as a place you can ask questions and give answers in a safe and accepting environment
Check it out here, and join in the fun!
Create a Goodreads.com account, and follow your friendly librarians, teachers, and fellow students!
- Have access to infinite reviews and recommendations of novels
- Have access to authors in Q&A forums
- Track your reading by filling shelves and rating books
- Join the yearly Reading Challenge and track what you read over the course of a year